Thursday, August 2, 2012

{Event Recap}Mark & Jing's Pastel Winter Wedding

I was contacted in September of last year by a sweet couple who lived across the country in Atlanta. They wanted a California wedding and they wanted it in three months! This is one of the big reasons I disappeared from the blogosphere at the end of last year. I was definitely up for the challenge and quickly got busy learning all that I could about the couple and their vision for the big day. This information became doubly important to me when I later learned that my lovely couple was equally busy and unable to visit before the wedding to do any of the essential wedding tasks (visiting venues, meeting vendors, tastings, etc). All of the details fell to me. Not that I'm complaining about getting to eat an entire tasting menu from their venue all by myself! The pressure was on to develop a design that matched the one in their heads and deliver the perfect event.


I knew I had to incorporate the bride's favorite color, pink. This of course isn't the first color one thinks of for a December wedding, but I was determined to make it work. I decided to focus on lots of creams, a dark woodsy brown to match the winter season, with accents of sage to compliment the blush pinks.


Mark & Jing wanted a soft romantic feel to the wedding and desired a venue with a water view. Luckily, I found the perfect location at the Westlake Village Inn. The Tuscan Gardens were the perfect setting for a beautiful outdoor ceremony (even in December). The aisle leads under a giant tunnel of rose bushes, which had coordinating flowers woven into the foliage, down a rose petal scattered path up to a gorgeous Tuscan gazebo with a stone fountain as the backdrop. Clusters of flowers adorned the chairs along with toss petals in paper cones which coordinated perfectly with their wedding stationery.


After the ceremony the guests were ushered to cocktail hour which was held outside on a stone patio with a large outdoor fireplace. There were pretty accents throughout the cocktail hour with mini cheese food signs, a photo table, coordinating seating chart and table of favors for each of the guests to grab on their way into the reception.


For the reception, guests enjoyed the Westlake's wine cellar room, which sits directly on their small lagoon. The dark wood beams, stone walls, decorative wine barrels and endless candles set a warm and intimate dinner for everyone to enjoy. Again I made sure the room focused on lots of creams and browns with ivory table cloths and bamboo chargers at each place setting. The centerpieces all had subtle color infused in them and a mini blush garden rose tucked into the napkins at each seat to match the floral menu design and table numbers.


Vendors
Event Design & Planning: Enchanted Events & Design
Photography: Tracy Kumono
Flowers: Bella Blooms
Location: Westlake Village Inn
Invitations and other Paper Designs: Enchanted Events & Design
Cake: Porto's Bakery
DJ: Scott Christopher of Good Times Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...